The event will take place on December 9 at 11:00
NAKO will present this year’s results for Ukraine according to the Government Defence Integrity Index (GDI), prepared by the Defence and Security Program of the international anti-corruption organization Transparency International. Ukraine was included in the group of countries with a score of “D”, which indicates the presence of high corruption risks; it received 41 points out of 100. During this event, we will discuss what needs to be done for a higher result and whether the indicator has improved compared to previous years. After the presentation, stakeholders, experts, and volunteers will discuss priorities for defence agencies and specific steps needed to reduce corruption risks in the defence sector.
The discussion moderator will be Serhii Prytula, a volunteer who donated over UAH 40 million to the army’s equipment, goods, and other needs, both his own funds and donations.
- Mariana Bezuhla, Deputy Chair of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security, Defence and Intelligence
- Solomiia Bobrovska, Secretary of the Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Policy and Inter-Parliamentary Cooperation and Deputy Head of the Ukrainian delegation to NATO Parliamentary Assembly (online)
- Ihor Chukhrai, head of MoD's Department for Detection and Prevention of corruption
- Serhii Derkach, Head of the Corruption Prevention and Detection Department of the National Agency on Corruption Prevention
- Olena Tregub, Executive Director of NAKO
- Vineta Kleine, Director of the NATO Information and Documentation Centre in Ukraine (online)
- Martin Molloy, Special adviser on British defence
- Hlib Kanevsky, Head of the expert organization StateWatch
- Artur Pereverzev, Head of the Defence Procurement Reform Project
- Taras Chmut, Chairman of Ukrainian Military Center, Director of The Return Alive Foundation
- Daria Morozova, representative of Army SOS Citizen`s Initiative
The event will be broadcast in English and Ukrainian. You can watch it in English on NAKO's Facebook page.